The next municipal election will be held on Monday, October 22, 2018.

This year eligible voters will be able to cast their vote electronically, leaving Muskokans with

no excuse not to vote. 

The term of office for elected representatives is December 1st, 2018 to November 30th, 2022 (a four year term). Learn who in your community best represents your position on the issues that mean the most to you and your family! Unlike Previous Years candidates must declare their intention to run for office by July 27, 2018. 

Please stay tuned as we have more to come in the coming months.

  • May 1 - Nomination period opens

    July 27 - Nomination period closes at 2 p.m

    July 30 - Declare Acclamation

    October 12 - Voting period commences 

    October 22 - Election Day

    December 10 - Inaugural Council Meeting




    Voters' List - Update

    The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation’s (MPAC’s) voterlookup website is no longer accepting changes to the MPAC database for the Preliminary List of Electors (PLE). The data for the PLE for Seguin was extracted by MPAC on July 20th and provided to Seguin on July 31st. Seguin now has until September 1st (September 4th this election as the 1st is a Saturday) to work with the PLE and create the Voters’ List (VL). Once Seguin has created the VL then electors will be able to verify their information on the List and if necessary apply to make amendments. Once Seguin has the VL ready notice will be provided on the Seguin webpage. The notice on the webpage will provide electors with instructions on how to verify their information on the VL and how to apply to make amendments to their information.

    For further information and updates watch the Seguin Election Webpage!

  • Anyone can vote in a municipal election who, on the day of the election, is:

    • 18 years of age or older;
    • a Canadian citizen; and
    • either a resident of the municipality or a property owner or tenant, or the spouse or same sex partner of an owner or tenant in the municipality, during a specified time just before the election.

    To be able to vote, your name must be on the list of eligible voters. To ensure you’re on the Voters List, visit or call 1-866-296-6722.  Check your municipal tax bill to find out if both you and your spouse are listed.  All Townships have detailed information on how to proceed. See find your Township. 

    If you are on the voters list, you should receive a card in early October of the election year, telling you that you are eligible to vote. Call your municipality for assistance if you do not receive your card but think you are eligible to vote.

    How do you find out if you are on the list? Need to update your voter information? Click here for a helpful audio clip that may answer your questions.

  • In Ontario Municipal elections, you are entitled to vote where you own property. Therefore, plan to vote at your cottage riding as well as your permanent residence.

    FAQ: “My family owns a cottage. Can I vote in that municipality?” In order to qualify as a non-resident elector, you (or your spouse) must be the owner or tenant of the property. If a family member who is not your spouse is the owner, and you have use of the cottage, you would not qualify as a non-resident elector. If the cottage is owned by a trust, you would not qualify as a non-resident elector.

  • The District 2018 Municipal Election Procedures are available for review.

    So you want to run for Council?